Code Signing certificates allow software developers to digitally sign their code to prove it has not been modified by a third party. This lets end-users know they are downloading genuine software and not a corrupted version that has been altered or compromised. EV code signing certificates include all the benefits of regular code signing and introduce essential security features to increase security and improve customer trust.
- Rigorous Vetting Process – EV Code Signing certificates are issued after verifying the identity of the publisher to the robust specifications laid out by the CA/Browser forum and Microsoft
- Two Factor Authentication – Private keys are stored on an external hardware token which is required in order to sign code, eliminating the possibility that your certificate could be exported and used by unauthorized personnel
Browsers and operating systems display warnings messages to end-users when they encounter unsigned code. EV code signing certificates eliminate these messages and immediately build file reputation in Microsoft's SmartScreen Application Reputation filter.
Features and Benefits
- Extended Validation of software publisher as per CA/Browser Forum standards and Microsoft specifications
- Instantly establishes reputation in Microsoft’s SmartScreen Application Reputation filter in Windows 8/8.1/10 and Internet Explorer/Edge
- Requirement of physical token to sign code prevents certificate abuse and further improves trust
- Supports all major 32bit/64bit formats, including Microsoft Authenticode (user mode files (.exe, .cab, .dll, .ocx, .msi, .xpi, and .xap) and kernel-mode software), Adobe Air, Apple applications and plug-ins, Java, MS Office Macro and VBA, Mozilla object files and Microsoft Silverlight applications
As low as:
Big savings compared to RRP
Note: Please use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer 11 to collect your certificate. Code signing certificates cannot be generated using Microsoft Edge.
Note: All prices listed are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and GST inclusive.